The competition's web site has been launched. Get more details regarding the challenge at https://knowledgepit.ml/suspicious-network-event-recognition/
Description of the Tasks
Cyber threat detection and analytics play a pivotal role in providing security to organizations that provide web services, and to their users. Importance of this field is continuously growing due to the increasing abundance of Internet services, wireless networks, smart devices, etc. Since the cybersecurity domain is hugely complex, it is also one of the major challenges of the contemporary world.
In this challenge, the task is to detect truly suspicious events and false alarms within the set of so-called network traffic alerts, that the Security Operations Center (SOC) Team members @ SOD have to analyze on an everyday basis. An efficient classification model could help the SOC Team to optimize their operations significantly. It is worth adding that although the competition sponsor is entirely commercial, the knowledge and experience that can be gathered by the competition participants may be highly beneficial to improve the intelligent cybersecurity modules in many organizations.
The challenge is hosted by a KnowledgePit platform: https://knowledgepit.ml/
More details regarding the task and a description of the challenge data can be found in the Task description section on the competition’s web page.
- May 27, 2019: web site of the challenge opens, the task is revealed,
- June 15, 2019: start of the competition, data become available,
- September 29, 2019 (23:59 GMT): deadline for submitting the solutions,
- October 2, 2019 (23:59 GMT): deadline for sending the reports, end of the competition,
- October 7, 2019: online publication of the final results, sending invitations for submitting papers for the special track at the IEEE BigData 2019 conference,
- October 28, 2019: deadline for submiting invited papers,
- November 4, 2019: notification of paper acceptance,
- November 15, 2019: camera-ready of accepted papers due,
- December 9-12, 2019: the IEEE BigData 2019 conference (special track date TBA).