The competition's web site has been launched. Get more details regarding the challenge at https://knowledgepit.ml/predicting-escalations-in-customer-support/
Description of the Tasks
Technical Support Representatives of Information Builders, Inc. (ibi) strive to provide the highest quality level of support to their customers. At times, we may encounter situations where our support process and the needs of our customers conflict. When this occurs, undoubtedly an escalation will arise. Every escalation is very disruptive to the support process, it changes the day to day activities of Technical Support Representatives and more importantly we have an upset customer. The ability to predict when an escalation may arise, will allow us to react and do what’s possible to prevent an escalation, diffuse a potential problem, thus maintaining customer satisfaction. We should be able to predict “when” an escalation occurs, it is also equally important to predict why an escalation is going to arise – is it due to a production outage, duration, technical proficiency, project deadlines or other issues. Depending upon the type of escalation we will be able to build differing support processes that can be best suited to prevent an escalation.
This competition – aiming at building models that predict whether particular customer success cases are going to escalate in future based on information about their up-to-now history – is an important step for ibi to provide their customers with better services relying on modern machine learning solutions.
The competition is hosted by a KnowledgePit platform: https://knowledgepit.ml/
More details regarding the task and a description of the challenge data can be found in the Task description section on the competition’s web page.
- April 8, 2020: web site of the challenge opens, the task is revealed,
- April 30, 2020: start of the competition, data become available,
- September 14, 2020 (23:59 GMT): deadline for submitting the solutions,
- September 18, 2020 (23:59 GMT): deadline for sending the reports, end of the competition,
- September 21, 2020: online publication of the final results, sending invitations for submitting papers for the special track at the IEEE BigData 2020 conference,
- October 12, 2020: deadline for submiting invited papers,
- November 1, 2020: notification of paper acceptance,
- November 15, 2020: camera-ready of accepted papers due,
- December 10-13, 2020: the IEEE BigData 2020 conference (special track date TBA).